26 December 2005

Freaky: Google Earth and Fire!


Freaky: Google Earth and Fire!
Originally uploaded by CatsFive.

Update! My Google Earth Flickr entry went up over the top to over 3500 views after my picture went up on MSNBC's "Clicked" blog! It's now my most-viewed picture!

I wrote:

Hi, Will,
I liked your recent blog post about people working VERY hard, it seems, just to show up as a couple dots on Google Earth. Who knows what those satellites will pick up? I myself had an interesting run-in with Google Earth, back when it first came out. I’ll let you be the judge as to whether or not it’s blog-worthy, but it may be freaky/eerie/interesting enough. Take a look.
Cheers,
Monty Nicol
Calgary (formerly New York City)
Canada

Will replies: Monty, that may be the most amazing satellite map story I've heard yet. I don't imagine anyone would want to set their apartment on fire just to show up more clearly on Google Earth, but the fact that you get to see what happened while you were away is pretty incredible. I hope the CSI/Law & Order writers are reading this because that would make a great plot device; a crime or clue spotted on a blurry public satellite image. At least you have proof for your insurance company. Thanks very much for sharing this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

Hey, wow! That's too cool... :D

8:37 AM, December 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home