28 April 2005

Western Project

I love this. Check this out. This guy takes those old paintings you find at garage sales and gussies them up with really strange, imaginative typographical themes. All in 3D! I want one. Bad. Seriously. My birthday is coming up in December, guys. :D

PS... Guys, WHY is my image eating this blog??? I posted my image just like Lee did with his fridge art. I can't figure it out. If anyone can edit this post so it doesn't eat this blog, I'd appreciate it. And tell me what you did to fix it, because I can't figure it out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

Those are AMAZING.

I am gonna guess he did the cover for Lambchop's album "Nixon." If not, whoever did ripped off the style from this guy.

10:30 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

I want to know how he does these. Does he scan them and then add the letters with a 3D graphics program? I think he must.. there's no way he's painting right onto the original canvases.

I'd love to know what his process is. His taste in art is exactly like my (long-dead) grandparents'. :)

10:35 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

PS... Guys, WHY is my image eating this blog???

The image you posted looks fine from here, BTW, and didn't wreck the formatting of the blog at all.

10:37 PM, April 28, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

NO, it was MY image that ate the blog! And then when you posted your New Order post it juts went on top of mine. If you want to experiment, delete your post and nothing will happen (I didn't try that but this happened previously to me). Then delete my post. Something's wrong. But I can't tell what!

Oh, that's awesome. He totally did the NIXON cover. That's just great.

9:47 AM, April 29, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Holy crap, have you read this guy's C.V.?

He worked on "Pee Wee's Playhouse," did art direction for a Smashing Pumpkins video, worked on Peter Gabriel's "Big Time" video... wow!

As for the paintings, I have to say I like the ones where the text is kind of bold and monolithic, rather than the ones where the letters are scattered and twisted. Those just don't have the same impact to me.

10:55 PM, April 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home