22 April 2005

Timelapses...

One of the things I absolutely LOVE about my camera is that it has an "intervalometer," this little setting which allows me to take pictures, unattended, every one minute, three minutes, whatever I want.

Often, the human brain's perception of time limits our appreciation of just how dynamic a scene is. Stars, dinosaurs, geologic time, these things mean nothing to our limited lifespan, but with the right perspective... you can appreciate something as a process.

My camera's intervalometer has helped me appreciate a sunset or two. And a winter's day. It even helps me understand my cats better, and why they do what they do.

NOTE: I put up some “alternate” crop pictures of the cat timelapse. I like it better. I hope you check it out… although, the novelty might have worn off by now. Just letting you know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

The cat movie is absolutely BRILLIANT. :D And may I say, Yang is looking studly as ever!

Everybody takes a movie of a sunset when they get a time-lapse camera, I suspect... capturing a few moments of "cat time" is another story. :) Awesome!

11:47 PM, April 22, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I love time-lapse photography, and adding kitties only makes it better! Kitties are amazing in that respect. I wish I had a time-lapse camera. Or, rather, I should see if my camera has a time-lapse capability. That would be interesting. Hm. I could all make, like, Awfulqatsi or something.

1:25 AM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

LOL... A friend of mine once said that the editors at the magazine he works at refer to the soundtracks from those movies as Glass, Phillip, Phillip Glass Glass, Phillip.

Those pictures came out too small but you get the picture. :D

2:35 AM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

I sent the cat movie to a cat-loving friend at work, and she went NUTS over it. :D She said she was going to send it to her "cat-loving friends"... I hope I didn't just kill your server. Heh heh!

7:31 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

That's awesome. Yes, absolutely, do that. The pictures are too low-res for me, though. I'm going to fix them tonight once I'm done "work."

3:37 PM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home