23 April 2005

New fridge "art"

Okay, so some of you who've been to our house may remember this side of the fridge used to be a "magnetic poetry" spot. The dirt and dust that accumulated between the little words got to be too much, though, so we spent about an HOUR with a paint scraper and a bucket taking all those little words off the side of the fridge. No kidding... we only had two sets ("Zen" and "Romance" I believe) but there were THOUSANDS of words and word fragments.

Maybe I exaggerate, but when you're holding a bucketful of magnetic words and your cat is running around with "Desire" stuck in her butt hair, you start thinking you're never going to see the end of it.




Behold the new fridge side. We got the little playschool letters from Target, and I imagine they'll be a LOT easier to clean around than the little magnetic words, since they will slide around when you push them. For an extra bit of trivia, check the first comment below.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

It's hard to tell from that pic, but both our names are in there.. "R L HUGHEY" and "R A DUNCAN"

Yeah, it was a damn PARTY around our house today. :D

9:30 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

This is unrelated, but now I wish we had a blank side of the fridge to stick these on.

9:40 PM, April 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! I found "R A DUNCAN" right off (mainly because I think I started looking for patterns and found "UNCAN". Then I wondered if that was a word, like, the opposite-of-canning or something. So, you know, clicking for Trivia actually made that make sense. Then, not too long after clicking/lookin', I found your name. So, hooray!

10:22 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Hah! :D I love it.

You know, I think the "UNCAN" part might be the most legible part of that pic, now that you mention it. The rest, you really need to know what you're looking for. Did you click on the pic to get the bigger version, or did you go with the one on the page itself?

10:54 PM, April 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, didn't realize you could click on it to get a bigger one. So, yeah, just went with the page version, heh. But yeah -- once I knew what I was looking for, it was easy to see.

One thing that could always be cool, you know, is to do a word search with the letters. Just have a big old Fridge-Based Word Search Magazine.

Speakin' of which, I'm kinda missing my subscription to Games Magazine, I think, even though I noticed it'd kinda changed a bit from when I let my subscription lapse, so I don't know if it's really the same anymore. Hm.

11:39 PM, April 23, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

Give it a few months. Google will come up with a fridge magnet search engine.

12:26 PM, April 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home