24 April 2005

Labor1

Likes games, does she?

Elu, one of my best friends, is a Flash games developer. He lives in Hamburg, and I've visited him, which was really fun. He and I met a few years ago when he helped me finish a Flash game project for Nintendo, a project with a really creative idea (my only contribution to the game, unfortunately) but which required so much math that I couldn't complete it. If you want a comparison of our Flash skills, well, there's me, and then there's a professional sports player. Elu would be in the NHL, doing interviews between periods on Hockey Night in Canada. And I'd be at home with a beer.

OK, sorry-- PERFECT analogy, but considering our audience, it's meaningless.

Anyway. Check out some of his games. He just did this one, and I think it rocks. 3D tetris! You can rotate the scene. Click on groups of boxes to kill them.

Although it's in German, his soccer game is fun and easy to figure out. Great for those soccer-mad Euros.

I do have some definite favourites. For instance, his racing game is AWESOME. Play this! The theme of the game? Well, remember those race tracks you had as a kid? Same thing. From the main menu, select the second selection "Einzenspieler-Rennen" (single race) and you're good to go.

He also has some other VERY strange toys. Some are hard to understand, but are sort of fun. Like... uh... musical ones?

A complete list of his games is here on this page.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

"The Fabulous Croaks" (last link) is hilarious. :D It's got a lot of German on it, but I figured out how to open the song list and play "Material Girls." Heh heh heh!!! :D

7:31 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

YOU were the one I had in mind for that racing game. Seriously-- TRY it. OH. I forgot to mention-- use spacebar to control your car's throttle. There's no steering involved... it's a race track.

9:00 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

A slot car track!! I love that! :) I managed to win my first game and was feeling all smug, till I looked at the highscores list and saw people in there who'd run the race in 54 seconds, when it took me 2:16. :D

10:18 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

I know! WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??? Myself, I don't really play a lot of games on the Internet, but there are quite a number of people who do. I just love to think about all these little playful people playing around with a toy that I made, you know what I mean? That must be addictive. ZDF, the German television station that Elu has done most of these games for, reports literally millions and millions of hits. Although you can't see it because you don't read German, Elu has even programmed these games where people can "play each other" over e-mail, where their high score is sent to their buddy and the system will even taunt them. It's so creative and cool. I wish I was smarter. This is what I would be doing if I could.

3:36 PM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home