06 March 2006

Really freakin' strong MAGNETS



Wow!! This sounds like it'd be incredibly cool to play with- assuming you could manage to keep from losing a finger or something. Ultra-strong magnets that can affect objects all over a room. Click on the above link and scroll down to "super magnets." From the warning on the site:

Beware - you must think ahead when moving these magnets.
If carrying one into another room, carefully plan the route you will be taking. Computers & monitors will be affected in an entire room. Loose metallic objects and other magnets may become airborne and fly considerable distances - and at great speed - to attach themselves to this magnet. If you get caught in between the two, you can get injured.


Oooh! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Heh, man, I'm all thinking that I want one, even though it would almost certainly end up killin' me. But, man, what a cool way to die. It'd be like a Tom & Jerry cartoon!

7:33 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Heh, man, I'm all thinking that I want one, even though it would almost certainly end up killin' me.

My thoughts exactly. :D I'd be fine till the first weekend I'd had a few beers and thought, "Hey, I have an idea...!"

8:29 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

See, at least then you'd have the excuse of being drunk! I don't drink, so it'd just be my own innate stupidity when it comes to cool things! Which I think is a bit worse, heh...

8:41 AM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Now I didn't say drunk... that's when I'd absolutely kill myself and probably a neighbor or two. :D

But man, why the hell hasn't somebody used one of these in a movie?? I can just picture some modern Bond-type anti-hero rolling one of these into somebody's house to pierce the bad guys with paper clips and etc, or a modern war pic where they drop THESE on people hunkered down in buildings with weapons caches instead of grenades... well, except that they apparently can't be transported by airplane, which I guess is why we don't see Katamari Damacy type payloads being delivered in war zones.

9:54 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home