12 January 2006

And it's the B-side of our platter, sports fans, and I'm singing for you all covered in sequins

Don't worry, this is the last of these, but I just did another one like my Best Pop Song one, which is your one favorite song ever. It's pretty much the same thing, just, you know, favorite songs. I really enjoy learning these sorts of things about people (even those I may not know, as with the Pop Song Poll, I didn't actually know who a couple of the respondents were!), and it's always cool to hear potential Great Songs, y'know?

I'm thinking the culmination of this is going to be some big online compilation of a bunch of brief paragraphs and whatnot written about these songs by the people who chose them and other people who agree with them. (Perhaps with a audio component as well, I don't know. Hopefully.) But yeah -- I think that would be pretty cool. I'm thinking, though, with these, there won't be any point-counterpoint. Just people arguing for songs, rather than arguing against. And that goes for me, too -- I will just remain silent! Even if, say, someone said their all-time favorite song was, say, "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas. I would refrain from mentioning how I find the only thing that song should be commended for is finding some way to make the female body sound nauseating. For reals, "My humps, my humps, my humps/my lovely lady lumps"? Bleagh! Not a single utterance from me about how anything becomes catchy if you say it 2000 times in 3 minutes! Nope!

So, anyway, though; once there's a relative consensus or when it looks like as many folks are gonna weigh in as are gonna, I'll post the results in a comment here. And, I don't know -- if I figure out how to best go about Stage II, I'll probably post that as a comment here as well. But probably not as a post, as these've probably taken enough real-estate already!

By the way, in reference to the subject-line -- did you all see that apparently, this month, the Bonzos are doing a one-off sans-Viv reunion? And it'll apparently be put out on DVD? With the Rutles opening? That'll be really awesome, but then, I'm a huge Bonzos fan...

(Also, for the record -- my all-time favorite is "This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody)" by Talking Heads.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home