19 October 2005

Camera (not sheep) Tossing


Thanks to digital cameras, which are pretty much free film, people have started doing something that wasn't really done in any sort of popular way back when we all had film cameras: CAMERA TOSSING. What is it? Put 'er on timer and... TOSS.

Some of the results look like those old Spirograph images, and others even have faces in them! Neat.

Um, since my S70 is my only camera, I'm not sure I'm going to be doing this, but you do see some interesting results.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

I've been seeing this on Flickr- what a great idea! :) They obviously put a lot of SPIN on the camera... I'd like to try tossing one to get an aerial view of you looking up at it. Heh heh!

But like you, I only have one camera, AND I'm a lousy catch, so... I'm not gonna try it.

1:45 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Neato! (And that might have been my favorite part of Slacker.... though I wasn't too enamoured of that film anyway. But that part was awesome.)

9:43 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Er... what might have been? (Never seen that movie...)

10:04 PM, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Well, it's at the end, so I hesitate, except:
a) It's not really a spoilable movie
and
b) Eh, not sure if it's really necessarily worth seeing

But the last reel or so is from a Super 8 camera that falls/is thrown off a cliff. It's actually really pretty. Even my film prof (who liked the film) said it should have been edited down to about 45 minutes, which I think I'd go with (some good bits, but a LOT of dull), but that part would definitely still be the ending.

10:10 PM, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home