08 July 2005

Shuttle launch is still a "go"



NASA is reporting today that they don't think Hurricane Dennis will interfere with next Wednesday's launch of the space shuttle Discovery.

And as a couple of you already know, I'm watching this very closely because I'm going to be at Cape Canaveral to see the launch! :) I'm heading down as part of a pretty large crew from CNN to cover the launch; my job will be editing video and at least one reporter package from the scene. I wish I could post from down there, but unfortunately I can't. I promise to bring back as many pics as possible, though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

COOL! Do you actually get to be at NASA, or is it just like, a CNN Florida Headquarters thingy you'll be at? Because that would be so cool to actually see a launch in person.

2:28 PM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

I'm going to be at NASA, in the media area. We have a trailer set up there. I'll be standing right where you see all the pics of the shuttle on the pad taken from (like the one on this article).

I'm told you get smacked by the shock wave from the blast of the engines there, so... that'll be cool as heck. :D

9:00 PM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

That is so cool. Man. You are the luckiest boy in the world! (especially the whole shock wave thing. MAN.)

9:34 PM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

Jealous.

2:45 AM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Is it tacky to mention that I have developed a huge crush on Jim Kelly, the pilot on this mission? :)

I could go into detail, but I figure y'all might appreciate it if I didn't. :D

3:15 AM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

He's OK, but he's no David Byrne...[1]



[1] Hey, why can't I have a crush on David Byrne even though I'm straight, huh?

3:18 AM, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home