08 July 2005

Google Maps with Overlays

Well, isn't this cool. Everyone knows about Google Maps, but these guys have improved things with putting a map overlay of where you want to be/go on the maps. Spectacular. It was made with the Google API, but... still, I wonder how long Google will allow this.

Anyway, however, it's useful! It has Canada! Come see my house. Zoom in as far as you can (the link won't reserve zoom settings, yet). See that square blue building? My apartment is in the top left corner of the second building up, across the street, and to the left.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

Hey! I can see my house from here! ;D

Cool.

(Couldn't link directly to the map that showed our neighborhood... damn.)

11:40 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

Why sure, you can! Check it out. I also changed my post to add my house, as well. Just zoom in 100%.

11:51 AM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

That is SO COOL. This weekend, one of my friends came over and was showing my parents the satellite part of google maps and everything, and switching back and forth between the map layout and the satellite layout, but that is _awesome_. Useful, too!

12:26 PM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home