11 April 2005

Sin City

I'd just like to go on record and say that I saw Sin City last night and it ROCKED. A firm 7/10 for me. What it lacked in complex plotting or believable character development (it had virutally none), it made up stylistically, with hot chicks and great action. If you LET it, it'll suck you in. It's easily my favourite comic-book adaptation ever, and not being the comic-book type ("Worst episode ever"), I never even heard of these comic books.

And it had Tarantino all over it, too.

It's doing well on the tomato-meter.

Monty

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

I've been wanting to see this since it came out and haven't had time... we're thinking of going to see it Wednesday night though. The reviews have been so mixed, I'm glad to hear from someone who actually saw it!

8:40 AM, April 11, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

And it had Tarantino all over it, too.

Didn't Tarantino co-direct or guest-direct one of the car chase sequences, or something? Seems like I read that the week it came out.

9:34 PM, April 12, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

If you comment on a four-month-old post in the woods, will anyone hear it?

I missed seeing Sin City in the theater, but we just watched it on DVD tonight. WOW. And I mean WOW. This movie blew me away. I didn't want it to end. I thought Rodriguez had sorta lost it after "Spy Kids 3" sucked SO badly, but now I think he's a freakin' genius.

This also re-affrims my respect for Frank Miller, who is such an amazingly visual storyteller. I'd never read the Sin City books, but I loved his whole Batman Dark Knight thing, and Elektra: Assassin is one of my favorite comics ever. Now I want to read Sin City, but at the same time I DON'T want to, since Rodriguez is working on Sin City 2 and Sin City 3 even as we speak, and I think knowing the stories ahead of time will take a lot of the thrill out of watching the films.

7:32 PM, August 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home