11 July 2006

A few months ago I saw a show on the Discovery Channel about how the length of the "that finger next to the cuss-word one" may indicate an incredible host of things about you. Apparently, our finger lenths are determined by the amount of testosterone a fetus is exposed to in the womb. Apparently, testosterone exposure at this stage dictates the structure of the human brain and, research is now showing, can also determine a lot about you that none of us may expect.

Finger length can indicate a lot of things. For instance, are you autistic or, like me (or like me, autistic??), an excellent, or in this case, a poor driver? Are you gay or possibly some other criminal (joking, joking, a reference to gay marriage, there)? Could road rage may be rooted in higher exposures to testosterone, perhaps? Or could it, conversely, positively affect your science career? And how long will it be before this kind of research is used as a legal defense? A good spatial thinker? Fast? A chick that could run a crane or other heavy machinery? Research says yes. If they have fingers like a man's, too, they may even (link above) be more fertile, too.

Fascinating.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

Hmm... I am the oldest child nor do I have "gay hands," yet here we are. :D

I guess I'm a statistical outlier.

5:26 PM, July 12, 2006  
Blogger Lee H. said...

My grammar, however, is very queer tonight: make that, "and I don't have gay hands."

5:27 PM, July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home