08 December 2006

Why not me?

OK, I know this makes three video posts in a row, and I apologize for that... I'll try to stop spending so much time on YouTube.

BUT THIS IS SO GREAT! :D



I was born in 1965, and this is what the world looked and sounded like back then. Erm, if you were in France, which I wasn't. Mareva Galanter might be in France, but she wasn't alive in 1965, so that makes us about even, I think.

"Pourquoi pas moi?" means "Why not me?" although I don't think a French person would ever say it that way.

If you like this kind of music, called "ye ye" (searching for that term is a logistical nightmare, BTW) I also recommend April March, who besides being a ye-ye revivalist is or was an animator for SpumCo, the folks responsible for Ren & Stimpy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

April March ALSO worked on Pee-Wee's Playhouse! (I wanna say she worked on the Penny Cartoons specifically, but I could be misremembering.)

She is WICKED rad. I hear she's working on a new record... I hope it comes out at some point.

10:04 PM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home