25 July 2006

Coil - Tainted Love Music Video


I posted this in my own LJ a few days ago, because it is an amazing video, but it's sorta seeped into my brain and I know (or am at least pretty sure) Lee's a Coil fan, so I was thinkin' perhaps a place to start might be interesting. I love what they do with the eerie-creepy buzzer.

(The funny thing is, when I went to Everyday Music yesterday, I checked for Coil stuff, and they had a traycard, but no discs. The tray card said, roughly "also see Throbbing Gristle, Nurse With Wound, Foetus". My girlfriend read this aloud in a way of sorta mocking the HARDCORE!!!111-ness of the band names, and I don't think she was expecting me to talk about how, say, I kinda like Foetus, but find a lot of their-or-rather-his stuff tends to sound the same. I'm more into Industrial-ish stuff than she is, though, and this shouldn't be read as a mocking of tastes or anything, because she's gotten me into a bunch of cool stuff, like, say, Nilsson, New Order and the Posies.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

Ooooh, cool... I've never seen this video before! (And you are right, I'm a Coil fan- fanatic, even. ;D )

If I'm not mistaken, that video is directed by Derek Jarman. (Usually Peter Christopherson (who was half of Coil) did their videos, as well as a lot of other people's.)

*Fantastic* find, rev- thanks!!

2:44 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Where do you think would be a good place to start with them? Like I said, "Tainted Love" done resonated a bit with me, so I was just kinda curious is all...

4:21 PM, July 26, 2006  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Since my new(-ish) computer came with a DVD burner, let me fix you up with a sampler disc. Their output is so huge, and so varied, that answering your question would take longer than I could fit into one of these little comments. :) (I owe you a bunch of music anyway for your last few mix CDs... this'll settle the karma a little bit!)

4:55 PM, July 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home