05 November 2005

The E-Mail Time Capsule

Oh my... Forbes is giving you a chance to send an email to your future self. Will you do it? (more in the complete post...)
The increments are 1, 3, 5, 10, and 20 years... I'm sending myself a message one year from now, but those longer spans disturb me on several levels. Will I still own this email address 10 or 20 years from now? And of course, the bigger question, will I still be here 10 or 20 years from now to recieve that e-mail from myself?

My one-year message to myself is just a mundane account of what we did today... it's a little unusual in that we mopped out and pressure-washed the camper, so I will probably remember this day when the email arrives next year. If I decided to send the 5, 10, or 20 year messages... I'll have to think about those for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home