28 September 2005

Audio NSFW but in a really, really hilarious way.

Panther - You Don't Want Your Nails Done [QT, 18.9MB]

I just saw this link this morning; someone described it as "If Max Fischer were in a band and it turned out to be not Phantom Planet"; in a way I can kind of see that (helps that the guy actually has sort of a Schwartzmannesque look to him), but I've been trying to figure out if Max would end up doing something more orchestral (I'm thinking either like Belle & Sebastian, or perhaps just straight classical music compositions) or something really Angular and Arty (which might fit the bill with this).

Anyway, apparently the band is Panther out of Portland, OR. I've... never seen or heard of them at this time, but, I think they might be kinda cool if they (or, well, he) ever come up north for a show.

I'm not as sold on the "twist" ending to the video, but the rest of it is pretty awesome.

(Speaking of videos; still need to watch the Flaming Lips one I got, and I found out that an Elvis Costello one just came out...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Lee H. said...

This isn't wanting to download for me at the moment, but I'm going to keep checking back... the band description is too good not to. Not to mention the picture of the drunk-looking guy on the band's page. Heh heh!!

9:57 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

Weird; I just checked and it seems to be working for me... what browser are you using?

9:59 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Firefox here... I tried it again this morning and it loaded in a matter of seconds.

AWESOME!! :D I love it. The song and the video are both terrific. I'm going to have to check out some more of this guy's stuff.

7:21 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home