01 June 2005

I feel like a fruit fly...

Good God. Did you guys check today's APOD post? An excerpt:

About 1,600 light-years away, in a binary star system fondly known as J0806, two dense white dwarf stars orbit each other once every 321 seconds... Even though they are separated by about 80,000 kilometers (the Earth-Moon distance is 400,000 kilometers) the two stars are therefore destined to merge.

I feel like a fruit fly... WHY are we here? On this plane? When will the stewardess come by with the the Cokes and pretzels?? ONLY reason I can think of is: To HAVE FUN!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

My god, that's a magnificent picture. That sort of stuff is so cool... it's stuff like that that's just really amazing.

8:27 PM, June 01, 2005  
Blogger Lee H. said...

Wow, that's just DIZZYING. They orbit each other every 5-and-a-half minutes, roughly?? That just blows my mind. :D

8:36 PM, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home