31 May 2005

The Award for "Best One-Liner in a Press Release" goes to...

OK, nobody is surprised that MTV is run by corporate flunkies, I realize, but this is excellent; Nine Inch Nails were invited to perform "The Hand That Feeds" on the MTV Movie Awards. NIN agreed, and planned to use "an unmolested, straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop" for their performance. MTV balked at the idea of offending our idiot-king, so NIN walked.

My favorite part is this line from the statement on the NIN wesbite: "Apparently, the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me."

I'm SO glad Trent still refuses to do it anyway but his own.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rev. Syung Myung Me said...

I'd seen that article, and I was all "Right on, Trent!" It's not like it even seemed that bad -- it's not like they were going to do anything to the image (not that even that'd be too awfully bad, really). And, you know, you'd think MTV'd want to have a little bit of controversy so they could pretend they were still relevant...

Still, that's a great line!

6:14 PM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger CatsFive said...

My cousin just IM'd me and told me that Trent Reznor won the lawsuit against his former manager, to the tune of (er, sorry) something like $3.5M.

7:48 PM, June 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home